Material featured on this site are belongs to the MoES and the same may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context.
Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged.
However, the permission to reproduce this material does not extend to any material on this site, which is explicitly identified as being the copyright of a third party.Authorisation to reproduce such material would obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
Hyper Linking Policy
External Links Present on the Website: At many places in this website, you may find weblinks to other websites / portals. These links have been placed for your convenience. MoES is not responsible for the contents and reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in them or on websites reachable through their published weblinks. Mere presence of the link or its listing on this website should not be assumed as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and we have no control over availability / non-availability of these linked pages.
Links to the Ministry of Earth Sciences by other websites/portals: Prior permission is required before hyperlinks are directed from any website/portal to this website. Permission for the same, stating the nature of the content on the pages from where the link has to be given and the exact language-text of the Hyperlink should be obtained by sending a request at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
This website is the official website of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) and has been developed to disseminate information to the general public. Though all efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy and correctness of the content on this website, the same should not be construed as a statement of law or used for any legal purposes.
- The web contents are subject to change without any prior notice from Ministry of Earth Sciences website.
- In no event will Ministry of Earth Sciences be liable for any expense, loss or damage including, without imitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use, of data, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. In case of any variation between what has been produced on the website about Act, Rules, Regulations, Policy Statements etc. and that contained in the relevant Act, Rules, Regulations, Policy Statements etc., held with the concerned department, the latter shall prevail.
- Links to other websites that may have been included on this website are provided for public convenience only. MoES is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the view expressed within them. MoES does not guarantee the availability of such linked pages at all times.
- Material featured on this website may be reproduced free of charge. However, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Wherever the material is being published or issued to others, the source must be prominently acknowledged. However, the permission to reproduce this material shall not extend to any material which is identified as being copyright of a third party. In case of doubt about the veracity and ownership of site-material, intended to be used, a prior permission / authorization of MoES or the concerned department of MoES or the third-party copyright holder must be obtained.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of India.
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. If you choose to provide us with personal information like filling out a Contact Us form with an e-mail address or postal address, and submitting it to us through this website, we use that information to respond to your message, and to help you get the information you have requested.
- Our website never collects information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address for a localized response to any query or comments to us, we recommend that you do not include any other personal information.
- If we seek any other personal information, you would be informed about its intended use. If at any time you believe the principles referred to in this privacy statement have not been followed, or have any other comments on these principles, please notify the concerned authority through the 'contact-us' page of this website and we shall proceed for resolution of conflict, if any.
- The use of the term "Personal Information" in this privacy statement refers to any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
Content Contribution, Moderation and Approval Policy (CMAP)
Following this policy, we provide a role based Content Management system. This CMS helps the website team in giving role specific access of administrator panel to different users. The web administrator will also be able to manage information specifically meant for internal use, which will be viewable to all members after the successful login. Admin can create the users by assigning a user a particular role and module to which functions of a particular user are limited.
These roles are:
Creator: He / She is responsible to create content which is meant for publishing on MoES website. They are responsible to add / edit / delete content on the website within their respective working domain and send it for approval.
Moderator: He / She is responsible to approve the content presented by the creator.
Publisher: He / She is responsible to publish the drafted / approved / moderated content. He / She can edit / add / delete and review the content before publishing.
These personnel would be nominated by the Web Administrator of the site and are responsible for overall maintaining quality and quantity of information on the website. The Web Administrator will be responsible for overall supervision to ensure that authentic and updated information remains available on the site.
CMAP policy ensures following activities on the website:
- All information about the MoES, useful for the citizen and other stakeholders, is present in the 'About Us' section and mechanism is in place to keep the information up to date.
- Mechanism is in place to ensure that all the Citizen Services, Forms, Documents and Schemes, if any, are registered with the respective repositories of the National Portal.
- Website is free from offensive/discriminatory language.
- Content is compiled and packaged with citizen-centric orientation.
- Clear and simple language has been used throughout the website.
- The language is free from spelling and grammatical errors.
- Documents / pages in multiple languages are updated simultaneously.
- All information, which is of direct importance to the citizen, is accessible from the Homepage.
- Text is readable both in electronic and print format and the page prints correctly on an A4 size paper.
- There is adequate contrast between text and background color.
- Alternate text is provided for non text elements (e.g. images).
- Web pages do not contain any content that flashes for more than three times in a second.
- There is a mechanism to control scrolling, blinking content. To address this, We have provided Manual Start and Stop wherever required.
- Website ranks in the first five results on major search engines when searched with relevant keywords.
- It has been ensured that all stationery items distributed to public by MoES, as well as advertisements / public messages issued by the concerned department prominently display the URL of the web site.
Web Content Review Policy
The Web Administrator, the assigned personnel and original content-providers are responsible for periodically reviewing the content of this website in their respective working domains and keep the information updated at all times. A proper workflow should be followed before final updation of content on the website is affected.
Content Archival Policy
Content Archival Mechanism is in place to ensure that all outdated announcements are removed from the website or moved to archive. This will help website team in ensuring that the expired content is removed from the main website. The Archival System available on the website will transfer the expired content in archives section as soon as it reaches expiry date. Archived data will be available with search option to enable search of the data within a range of period by selecting any two dates.
Note: The web manager is responsible to put the expiry date for the content, wherever applicable.
Website Security Policy
MoES website would require security clearance certificate before hosting any subwebsite on its site. The new website should have been audited by CERT-In empaneled auditor and all the vulnerabilities should have been fixed prior to their forwarding for hosting. On completion of fixing of all vulnerabilities, security clearance certificate of CERT-In empaneled auditor should have been received.
Note: A periodic check on the requirement of security certificate is recommended for the web information manager in case there are changes in the functionality or the environment.
Website Monitoring Policy
Under the Website Monitoring Policy, the website is to be periodically monitored for addressing the issues of fixing bugs and correcting the incorrect information and for maintaining the quality and resolving the compatibility issues pertaining to following parameters:
- Functionality : All modules of the website are tested for their functionality and inter-linking compatibility issues for their smooth working.
- Performance : All important pages of the website are tested for the download time.
- Broken Links : The website is thoroughly reviewed to rule out the presence of any broken links or errors.
- The Hosting Service Provider possesses state-of-the art multi-tier security infrastructure as well as devices such as firewall and intrusion prevention systems.
Owing to the requirement of presence of the website on the Internet it is very important that the site remains fully functional all the times. It is expected of the Government websites to deliver information and services on a 24X7 basis. Hence, all efforts should be made by Web Information Manager of this website to minimize the downtime of the website to the extent possible.
In case of any defacement and data corruption, quick action needs to be taken by the respective authorized personnel to undo the damage and restoring of the website in quickest possible time.