|Vision for 2030 (1.40 MB)|
To excel as a knowledge and technology enterprise in the earth system science realm towards socio-economic benefit of the society.
To provide services for weather, climate, ocean and coastal state, hydrology, seismology and natural hazards; to explore and harness marine living and non-living resources in a sustainable manner and to explore the three poles of the Earth (Arctic, Antarctic and Himalayas).
- To augment and sustain long-term observations of atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere and solid earth to record the vital signs of Earth System and changes.
- To develop forecasting capability of atmosphere and oceanic phenomena through dynamical models and assimilation techniques and to build prediction system for weather climate and hazards.
- To understand interaction between components of Earth Systems and human systems at various spatial and temporal scales.
- To explore polar and high seas regions of the Earth towards discovery of new phenomenon and resources.
- To translate knowledge and insights from Earth systems science into services for societal, environmental and economic benefit.
- Development of ocean technology for exploration of oceanic resources and societal applications.